Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Creative Inspirations Challenge 37


Hello everyone, this is my final week of begin a GDT member for Creative Inspirations, I can't believe how quick the time has passed! We have a sketch for this week's challenge created by Nat and it is a sketch I will use again and again.


My image is from Penny Black and she is coloured with distress inks. The DPs were all a gift and I'm not sure where they are from, but they are all nice and bright and christmasy. I got out my sewing machine and stitched around all of the elements....... I'm not very good with it and have dabbled in the past, but I am determined to stick with it this time so you may see more sewing popping up here and there..... I am struggling a bit with trying to get the right tension for the bobbin (the bottom one)... if anyone has any hints maybe you could let me know?!!

Supplies
Card/Paper: White and red card, DPs from stash
Stamps: Penny Black
Colouring: Distress inks - fired brick, faded jeans, tattered rose, broken china
Embellishments: Ribbon
Tools: Sewing Machine, cuttlebug, snowflake folder, nesties

Thanks for looking x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Liza ;-) this image is fab and the sewing looks perfect !! :-) I love the bright cheery colours you used too !
    As for sewing tension ,, it varies from machine to machine,, but just try to tighten the lower one and loosen the top one ,, just keep adjusting till it looks right,, though on your card it looks fine from here !! :-)
    I will be carrying the baton from next week ,, you're a hard act to follow tho ! Brilliant cards :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza this is so cute! I love that image and the distress inks just make it! I am a big fan of the stitching you did on your card. I find you just have to fiddle with the stitch length a little, or make sure the bobbin goes into the bobbin holder clockwise that makes a big difference with stitching. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza, I love the papers - they are so bright and bring out the Christmas flavor beautifully. Your image is adorable, all colored so perfectly. I'm like you - stitching on paper --- I've got to try it. But I think you did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Liza...love that bright red, I just finished one in the same colour...so warm and festive isnt it
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Liza,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Liza, the colours and papers are a stunning combination and such a fab image....love it :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is fabulous, wonderful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x