Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Creative Inspirations 34 & Totally Gorjuss


Hello everyone, I was lucky enough to win a challenge on Creative Inspirations and one of the prizes was to be their guest designer for November, so here is my GDT card for my first challenge with them. So, Creative Inspirations Challenge 34 has a theme of red and black and I am also entering my creation for this week's Totally Gorjuss Chalenge which has a theme of seeing double.


For my card I have used one of my gorjuss girl stamps and she is cloured with distress inks. I have then cut her out and matted her onto an oval that has been cut with my oval nesties and ran through my cuttlebug with my d'vine swirl folder. My DP is from basic grey and I have inked all around the edges with fired brick distress ink. The ribbon is from American Crafts and the jewels from my stash.


I have also done a matching gift tag to make a little set.



Finally, a close up of my image

Supplies
Card/Paper: Black and white card, Basic Grey - Boxer
Stamps: Sugar Nellie - Gorjuss Girl - Just a girl
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, black soot, weathered wood, fired brick
Embellishments: Ribbon, jewels
Tools: Cuttlebug, nesties, d'vine swirl folder

Thanks for looking x

13 comments:

  1. Hello Liza, You have done a FAB job with your card!! Such a simply fresh looking card...
    hugs, janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza, you are just so creative! The embossing really adds to the background. Your Gorjuss girl is just that - GORGEOUS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful Liza, a lovely matching set. Your colouring is lovely, good luck with the challenge and thanks for joining in with Totally Gorjuss.
    Barbara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Liza. I am passing on an award to you. Details are on my blog. http://nikkistamps.blogspot.com/2009/11/over-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card and tag - I love red and black.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss. See you next time. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is gorgeous, love the bow really finishes the card beautifully.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liza
    what a nice twist on the challenge:-) I like it! The colors really pop, which I love:-) I especially like the added emboss on the paper behind your image!
    Thank you for joining us at totally gorjuss this week
    XmicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the colours and the embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card! Like the paper you used and the ribbon fitts perfect!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. toc,toc... I love the colours and the desing. Kis

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty, love your card and fab colouring Liza. Your bow is gorgeous and so striking.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea Liza. Love the card and the tag. Congrats on the guest DT spot. Thanks for joining us on Totally Gorjuss this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both card and tag are just gorjuss :)

    hugs minxy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x