Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 72 & ABC...A


Morning everyone, this card is for Cute Card Thursday Challenge 72 where they have a colour combo of teal and red to follow. I don't often do colour combos and when I first saw this one I thought no, I have nothing that could be described as teal..... or so I thought.... when doing yesterdays card I was looking through a box of A5 card from the paper mill that Jeff's Mum very kindly gave me and low and behold I found a couple of teal coloured pieces.... so I just had to use them! So after saying I rarely do smaller cards, I have two on the trot! I will certainly be doing some more of them as I really like the simplicity. I am also entering this card into the ABC Challenge where the theme is anything goes.


For my card I used a sugar nellie daisy image that I got from a blog bud and she is coloured with distress inks. I ran half the white card through my cuttlebug, embossing it with the swiss dots folder and the red DP is from Pebbles inc. To keep with the whole spots theme, I used some red and white polka dot ribbon from my stash. This is a really simple card but I really love how it has turned out!


Finally a close up of Daisy, and I have just realized I have forgot to use my inkssentials pen for the highlights! Oh well.... never mind!

Supplies
Card/Paper: Teal and white card, pebbles inc
Stamps: Sugar Nellie - Daisy
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, vintage photo, peeled paint, spiced marmalade, fired brick, weathered wood, broken china
Embellishments: Ribbon, jewels
Tools: Cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, water brush, corner rounder punch

Thanks for looking x

22 comments:

  1. Thats a gorgeous card Liza, your colouring is gorgeous, I havn't tried Distress inks yet, but think I may have to. I have so many different colouring mediums though, mya have to sneak them in...lol...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully coloured image on a really lovely card. Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Liza, the colour combo looks great. I was scared off by this challenge! Your colouring is gorgeous as always.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card liza can never go wrong when using little daisy and she looks lovely in red x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again Liza,
    I have a little something on my blog for you.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liza,Gorgeous card love the image so sweet, your colouring is excellent :)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colour combo you did. I just love the simplicity of this card. I have never tried the distressing inks...definetly something I would love to try! Again..thanks for such inspiration!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Liza. I wasn't sure about the colours either but once I started it was ok. Daisy is one of my favourite Sugar Nellies stamps.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fabulous is this, beautiful Daisy and wonderful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - love the design..

    thanks for joining us on ABC

    DAwn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Liza! This card is outstanding! Daisy is my all time favourite Sugar Nellie Stamp. You have done a wonderful job with her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is a super colour combo Liza and such a pretty card, love the way you have left her jeans white :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card Liza! Like you, I don't really do colour combo challenges so stayed away, but you have got this spot on! I love the simplicity of this card and the cute image, she's been coloured beautifully.
    xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - love your colouring of Daisy!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Dear, what a super card this is just love everything about ity
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  16. just too adorable for words! I love her in the bright red!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Liza,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Liza

    I love your card.

    I too have Daisy - I think she is lovely - no matter what colour she is wearing she looks beautiful. (If only I could be like Daisy LOL!!!).

    Personally I have never dressed her in red and white. Must give that a try - along with all the other colours I haven't dressed her in yet!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi LIza
    Stunning card - love the colouring, the CB embossing and the image. Superb!
    Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Liz :-)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. a lovely card
    thank you for joining us on abc this week, we look forward to seeing you next week on B is for...
    hugs Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x