Monday, August 10, 2009

Cupcake Challenge 52 & Stamp with fun Challenge 19


Morning everyone, the weather is a bit cooler here today...thankfully.... it gives me a little respite from the heat! This is my DT card for Cupcake Challenge 52 where Tammy has done a fabulous sketch for us to follow with the added twist of using the colour theme too. I'm also entering this card into Stamp with Fun Challenge 19 where the theme is birthday.


For my DT card I have used a cute hanglar image that was sent to me by a blog bud and I have coloured it with distress inks. The papers are from K & Co.... I bought this pad a while ago and I struggled to use it as some of the papers are a bit dark for my liking, however when I saw the colour combo the pad had the ideal papers and I quite like how the card turned out!


The inside is very simple, I did have another plan for it.... however I ended up layering some paper completely wonky and I ruined it when I tried to put it right..... I thought I'd better quit while I was ahead (and before I had a total paddy!) so this is what I ended up with!

Finally, a close up of the image

Supplies
Card/Paper: White and blue card, K & Co - Roam
Stamps: Hanglar - girl with braids
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, worn lipstick, walnut stain, antique linen, faded jeans, vintage photo, weathered wood, black soot
Embellishments: Ribbon, jewels
Tools: Cuttlebug, nesties, water brush

The rest of the DT have done some fabulous cards this week and we are all building up for a whopper next week as it is Cupcake's first birthday and we have lots of fab prizes and candy!

Thanks for looking x

12 comments:

  1. Adorable sweet card, beautiful hAnglar girl and love the papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that image...she is just adorable. I really like that paper that you used. Very soft!
    A beauty again!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza what a beautiful card, love the papers and that image is just colored so beautiful. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Liza! Love the blue/brown combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Liza,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the colours, and the image is just so cute!
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Liza and such a cute image, love the fab papers :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anothr little beauty here dear, I have said it before but will say it again, I am in aw of your fab work
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. The colours are great. I love the cute Hanglar and you've coloured her beautifully.
    It's so annoying when things don't go to plan but no-one would guess you hadn't planned this for the inside all along!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those images pity you can't get them unless you know someone or live in the country they are made.......love the colours...sweet card.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card !!! wonderful image and colours !!!thanks for joining in our challenge.
    big hugs tina46
    swf-team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x