Friday, August 21, 2009

Christmas in August


Hello everyone, I have finally made another christmas card....a few weeks ago I vowed to make one each week and of course I haven't done it, but a few challenge blogs have had christmas themes recently so it has jump started me once again. For my card I used the fabulous sketch from WOJ challenge 44 and I am also entering into the following challenges that all have a christmas theme - Simon Says Stamp, Creative Card Crew Challenge 24 and Dutch Dare Challenge 58.


For my card I have used the very beautiful Willow with lantern stamp from WOJ and she is coloured with distress inks and highlighted with stickles. I wasn't sure about the red dress but I quite like how it turned out in the end. The papers are basic grey and the ribbon and jewels are from my stash.

I have decorated the inside, although I haven't photographed it. I am only going to show the insides from now on when I have images in them as it is getting too boring for you I'm sure!!!!



Finally, a close up of my colouring.

Supplies
Card/Paper: White and green card, Basic Grey - Wassail
Stamps: WOJ - Willow with Lantern
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, vintage photo, fired brick, peeled paint, weathered wood, black soot, spiced marmalade
Embellishments: jewels, ribbon, stickles
Tools: MS doily lace punch, MS snowflake punch, water brush

Thanks for looking x

21 comments:

  1. Liza its gorgeous, what a beautiful stamp, and the colouring is excellent. Absolutely adore those background papers and your embellishments are just perfect.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful i think she looks stunning in red x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! what a beautiful card.... I love your coloring and the color combo. hugs giò

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! I really like the touches of bling you gave to this card..especially on Willow's necklace!:) The snowflakes are awesome too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful,Liza!Great colours and fabulous colouring!
    Wish you a great weekend:)

    Hugs,Kari:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh simply stunning! love the colouring and the bling and the snowflakes :D fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh wowwwwwww Liza,what a BEAUTIFUL card,i love the image and colours.
    So beautiful papers.

    ZO MOOI....
    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Liza and incredible colouring :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! My fav xmas image too! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's gorgeous Liza, and so beautifully coloured. A lovely piece!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

    this is so pretty and i love her dress being in red.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Liza,
    Your card is AMAZING the colouring is beautiful and combination of papers look great. I'm really impressed. BEAUTIFUL...
    Take care
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Es un trabajo precioso, muy elegante, todos los detalles son increibles. Felicidades.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI,
    thats so a sweet Card. Wonderful Image!
    Thanks for joining in the SSC this week.

    Domi and the Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!
    Saludos desde México.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liza

    Gorgeous card - super special!

    Love the traditional colours and your fantastic colouring in of the image.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coloring is just exquisite! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card!!
    Beautifull colours, papers and your colouring is amazing.
    Thanks for joiining the DDCC.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Liza your Christmas card is stunning i adore the image and such beautiful colours. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x