Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Penny Black 21 & Papertake Simply Sparkling

Hello girls! After a bit of panicing, my new Penny Black stamp arrived in the post. I struggle to get craft things over here in Spain so I end up having to get everything posted over. My Mum posted my new stamp to me via air mail and it took almost two weeks to get here.... I was beginning to think it had been lost but think it has been via the moon and back! Anyway, I made a card last night for Penny Black Challenge 21 and this week's Papertake Challenge as they both had a sparkle theme. The above picture shows the card when it is closed and below shows the inside - neither of which look very sparkly, but I promise they do!!
I have used red and black card, paper from the dovecraft contemporary christmas range, the penny black stamp is called favourite time and it is coloured with whispers pens, and the sentiment was done on my computer using the font Tempus Sans ITC. I used two silver brads on the sentiment and raised it up on dimension pads and a small piece of red ribbon to tie the card closed. Now for the sparkle.... I have used holly green stickles on the christmas trees on the front of the card and on the holly leaves and christmas tree on the inside of the card, christmas red stickles on the holly berries, the band in her hair, and the ribbon on the present and finally silver stickles on the ground...... I can't believe they don't show!!!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards you make!!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I appreciate it! :)

    Wish you a wonderful day!
    Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card, I love the way she is hidden inside!

    Mrs W x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, love the papers and the lovely image inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is awesome, love the layout and your perfect colouring
    Hugs Jacqui x
    Thanks for joining us this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Liza, Love the fabulous image and your colouring is beautiful. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sparkly card! Love that new PBs tamp. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Liza! I love the design and your beautiful new stamp and colouring. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant card, I love the outside and the the detail, and the inside with the image is just great .xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Liza for the challenge love the image and what a shame you had to wait so long for it to arrive...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card..and love the colours..and esp the stamped image..i just so love penny black aswell.
    love clarex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.... what a beautiful card!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Worth the wait I think! These papers are fab too! Thanks for joining in this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love the PB image! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good idea! Like your card a lot!
    Great job!
    Hugs from Pakistan!
    VIBGYOR Krafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean about getting hold of stamps in Spain. I have found a few Spanish scrapbooking sites that do mail order, though. Prices and P&P beat UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x