Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cupcake Challenge 12

Cupcake Challenge 12 was to use a picture for inspiration. I used the hot pink colour from the picture and the pink stalky flowers to inspire my card. I decided to do something different as I feel a bit stuck in a rut at the moment so I found a tutorial for a spinner card on inspirational tips, techniques and tutorials, and I adapted it a little as I do not have anything to cut circles. As you can see above, one side shows the image and on the other is an embossed panel, as below.
For the card I used black and hot pink card, papers from the dovecraft hint of pink range, the penny black image is coloured with whispers pens and the embossing was done using the cuttlebug folder with birds and leaves on (I'm not sure what it is called as it belongs to my BF's Mum). I didn't add a sentiment as I didn't want to clutter the card, I'm going to use it as a thank you card, but it could be used for other occasions. I hope you like. x

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning card, I love everything about it....the image the colours the layout....a really lovely piece of work.

    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowzers Liza this is such a stunning card. Love the cute image and the paper is gorgeous. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, thanks for the link, may have ago myself.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab card, love the colours, I really need to try one of these myself! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo Thats really gorgeous, Love the square spinner, must try that one day. Thanks for joining in this week, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, the papers suit the Hedgie perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome card. pretty paper and such a cute stamp too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it, and the colours suit the design perfectly.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x