Saturday, September 20, 2008

Waiting for Fall

This is my entry for a contest on Bitten by the BUG. The challenge is to make a holiday themed item and use something cut out from a cricut. I don't have one but fortunately my boyfriend's Mum has come up trumps again and I have borrowed hers to cut out the leaves. I have used brown, cream, red, dark green and orange card, two shades of brown whispers markers, a gold ink pad and the sentiment was done on my computer using the font vivaldi.

I scribbled onto a tile with the brown markers and lightly sponged each leaf, then I sponged a layer of gold over them and I used a paint brush to edge each leaf with gold. When they were dry I used my scorer to score veins in them and I embossed each one so it would stand up from the card. The cream card they are mounted on and the sentiment were also sponged around the edges with the browns and gold. I was really pleased with how this card turned out as this is yet another new technique to me, but unfortunately the picture doesn't really do it justice as the gold glistens when it catches the light.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x