Sunday, October 12, 2008

SFOS Challenge 20 & Secret Craft Challenge 2

The Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 20 was to use pink and green and challenge 2 on Secret Crafter was a sketch. I have a stack of stamped images and thought this penny black image was ideal for the pink and green challenge but after duefully colouring it I realized that it was fairly large and I was going to strugle to fit it on a card following the secret crafter sketch.....so after a bit of deliberation I decide to make a 2009 calendar. For the picture section I used green and white card, paper from the kaboodle party picnic range, the penny black image is coloured with whispers markers, the title was done on my computer using the font Tempus Sans ITC, the trim across the middle was done using green card and a wavy silver peel off and I finished it off with three pearly flowers and some stickles on the water (although the stickles don't show up in the photo too well). For the calendar section I made a 2009 calendar in excel on my computer, printed it off on pink paper and mounted it on white and green card. I then mounted both the picture and the calendar onto pink A4 card and I added a row of die cut flowers across the middle, which I slightly embossed to make them stand up from the page, and added a small jewel in the centre of each one. I punched two holes on the top and used a piece of plated cord to make a hanger. I hope you like!

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea - it's gorgeous. Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge.

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgeous I love it. What a fab idea to use the sketch on your calendar thanks for joining us at SCSC Hope to see you again next week Hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing and what a fab way to use the sketch this week. Thank you for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW,Liza this is fabulous and what a wonderful idea. So pretty.Thanks for joining us at SCSC:-)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my what a super calendar

    it's beautiful

    thanks for taking part this week on SCSC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea! I love what you have done.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous, I love your idea of using the sketch to make the calendar.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really wonderful idea Liza, I think this is the prettiest calendar I've ever seen. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea,it's gorgeous
    Hugs, Sonja xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, love the image you have used.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely awesome hun WTG xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea and this looks just adorable, really pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x