Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Poppicrafts Competition

There is a competition over at Poppicrafts where you have to create something using the colours black, green, pink or white and you aren't allowed to use an image. I decided to make a poinsettia flower that was inspired by Joanne. I used dark green and cream card, paper from the dovecraft victorian christmas range, gold paper, the sentiment was done on my computer using the font vivaldi and I finished off with some black jewels and a little red stickles. As I was making a poinsettia I thought I'd do a traditional christmas card, which is a challenge in itself for me as I don't do traditional!!!

To make the flower I cut 18 leaf shapes from basic printer paper. I coloured 6 of them green with a dark green whispers marker and 12 of them red. When they were dry I used a small embossing tool to score veins on each one - this makes each leaf stand up slightly. I then punched 3 snowflakes and I glued each green leaf to one of them and the 12 red ones to the other two. When they were all dry, I embossed the centre to make them all stand up a little, then I glued one layer on top of the other to form the poinsettia. I wasn't really sure what the centre of a poinsettia looked like so I used a black jewel and a small amount of red stickles to give it a slight sparkle!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liza
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, always lovely to see a comment appear especially appreciating a creation! I think yours is lovely and I especially like the traditional feel of it, think I am going to do a traditional project now too inspired by your card!
    Anyway good luck to you in the comp!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Liza,good luck:-)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liza
    I love your christmas card. That flower is so pretty!
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x