Sunday, June 21, 2009

Post It Note Holder Tutorial

Hi girls. I have just done this quick tutorial to show you how I made my post it note holder in my previous post. It is very quick and easy to do and it would make a nice little gift.

You will need:
1 x piece of cardstock that measures 3.25 x 7 inches
3 x pieces of cardstock that measure 3 x 3 inches
2 x pieces of DP that measure 2.75 x 2.75 inches
2 lengths of ribbon approx 5 inches in length
Glue/double sided tape
Scissors
Bone folder
Embellishments of your choice

Firstly, take your long piece of cardstock and score at 3.25 inches from each end.

Next, fold along the score lines to create a spine in the centre.

Take your two pieces of DP and adhere them to two pieces of your 3 x 3 inch card.
Set them to one side.

Next, take your large piece of cardstock, centre your ribbon and adhere like shown in the photo above. I use scotch tape for sticking ribbon as it is easily removed if you stick it in the wrong place!

Take your plain piece of 3 x 3 cardstock and adhere this to the inside bottom panel to cover the ribbon (this is the right panel in the photo, I had to take the picture this way to fit it all in). This is where your post it notes are going to be fixed to so there is no need to decorate this with DP as it will not be seen. Take one piece of card matted with DP and adhere this to the top inside panel.

Next, turn it over and adhere your final piece of card matted with DP to the front. I have embellished mine before adhering it as I have used a brad to fix my flower on and I didn't want it to be seen on the inside.

Adhere your post it note to the inside.

Finally, tie your ribbon and your post it note holder is finished.

To embellish I have used a WOJ sentiment from the general sayings set, primas, PM pearl brad, spacer, charm, pearl and the leaves were created with my leone em branch punch.

And finally, from another angle!
Thanks for looking x

11 comments:

  1. Hi ya Liza,

    I have always wanted to give this a bash you have made it look very easy! thanks for the tutorial.

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - it looks lovely, I'm def gonna give this a go.

    Hugs Beccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liza,
    Thanks so much for sharing this fab tutorial... this makes such a sweet gift, and i'm sure i'll try it out very soon.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much for sharing your idea. I think I need to make one of these! I love it!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liza

    Simple when you know how .. .. thanks for teaching me how!

    Thank you very much.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful Liza,l love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tut Liza I think I will be giving this a go thanks to your wonderfully easy instructions...thanks again liza :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous thanks for sharing this tutuorial Liza :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Liza - a fabulous idea for a Christmas stocking filler .....!
    Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liza, hope you're well! This is a great tutorial, thanks for sharing it and you made it look so easy that I'll definitely be having a go at one. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x