Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waltzingmouse Challenge 73


Hello everyone, today I have two cards to show you that I have made with my new Waltzingmouse stamps, which I LOVE, and I have plans for more cards and tags using this set....so be warned!! I am entering this card into Waltzingmouse Challenge 73 and both cards are also makes for the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenges over on their forum.


For my first card I have followed the sketch from the WM challenge. The DP is by basic grey and I layered it onto kraft cardstock. I distressed my cream card with antique linen then stamped the holly leaves using stamps from the WM very vintage christmas set. I stamped a sentiment from the same set then I used my MS score board to score two lines to define the sentiment. I finished off with dark green ribbon and a bell charm.


I had some scraps on my desk from the card above and I was desperate to make more use of this set, so once again I distressed my cream card with antique linen but this time I stamped the "ho ho ho" sentiment onto it. I stamped the sentiment again with memento tuxedo black and a small flourish from the same stamp set, then I cut it out with a nestie and finally I finished off with some dark green ribbon.


Finally, here is a pic of both cards together.

Supplies
Card/Paper: Cream, kraft card. Basic Grey - Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Very Vintage Christmas
Ink: Distress ink - antique linen. Memento - tuxedo black
Embellishments: Ribbon, bell charm
Tools: Sewing machine, trouvaille, nesties, MS score board
Thanks for looking x

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cards Liza.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Lisa, love your colour combo, stitched detail and fabulous ribbon treatment.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. how nice! lovely colors! beautiful cards> Love from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous Liza ! So elegant and chic ! I love it ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING both of them! Love how you created your own hoho paper - so elegant. Just PERFECT Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are wonderful! I especially love the one with the gorgeous bow. The stitching around the rectangle was a great touch, it looks so polished and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I luv both of these...perfect...hope you have a fabby week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and beautiful cards!
    Hugs,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY Liza! Such a gorgeous pair of cards! I just love the paper you chose, and your stitching is fantastic! The sentiment panels are amazing with the light stamping. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous cards. Love the colours you've used and the backing paper is super. Great stitched detail and I do like the bell on the first card. Fab! I think is see a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the simplicity of these cards!!! Very nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous cards Liza.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tree stamping on your background! both cards are just delightful!! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Liza!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are fantastic-so great for Christmas! The patterned paper is perfect and I love your stamped 'HO HO HO' panel! Beautiful stitching too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, love the papers you've used, and that ribbon is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x