Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday Card for Bex

Another break from christmas crafting today. It a friend's birthday in between christmas and new year so I've made this card in plenty of time. It is also for quite a few challenges as time is getting the better of me and we are off to England at the end of next week...Yippee! I have followed sketch 28 from Sketch Saturday and the theme for both Kaboodle Challenge 15 and Secret Crafter Challenge 10 is embossing so I have used a cuttlebug embossed strip for the border in the middle of the card. The heart on her bracelet and the one in the top left corner of the card fit the theme for Cute Card Thursday Challenge 39 and my scalloped edge on the middle border fits the theme of scallops for Dutch Dare Challenge 26....Pheww!
I have used white, blue and silver metallic card, the papers are from K & Co Sparkly Sweet, I coloured the Penny Black image with my whispers pens and I have finished off with two small flowers and two little jewels in the centre. I didn't add a sentiment as I thought it would crowd the card a little and the papers are just too pretty to cover up. The papers and the flowers are from a recent candy win that were sent to me by Lynsey, she has a fantastic blog so check it out if you have time.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, i love the pretty colours and a great image

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card - love it

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so pretty. Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodle Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liza this is such a fab card and such pretty pastel colours :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I love the pastel shades you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, such pretty colours and a lovely image.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo great card. Love how you have decorated the inside too. Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge over on Sketch Saturday.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Liza, love the image, and the colouring is lovely and bright. Louise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x