Friday, August 24, 2012

Tomorrow is a Blank Page


Hello everyone, today I have a card to show you using a stamp from the Magnolia Graduate and Student Collection 2009. I am entering this card into the following challenges; Creative Inspirations Challenge 177 has a theme of sentiments, Creative Card Crew Challenge 17 has a theme of script/maps/newsprint (my script is on my tags) and Charisma Cardz Challenge 33 has a theme of lace.


For my card I stamped the Tomorrow Sentiment from the Magnolia Graduate and Student Collection 2009 using memento tuxedo black ink and cut it out using a labels 2 die. While it was still in the die I sponged it with antique linen and vintage photo distress inks. The DP is from basic grey and I sponged around the egdes of each element with distress inks. I used the scalloped stitched lace doohickey die for the decorative edge and the so wrapped lovely die for the tags. I sponged each tag with distress ink and I stamped them with the Old Valentine letter background stamp from the Magnolia Valentine Collection 2009. I finished off with a doily, some lace, flowers, twine, a brad and some pearls.

Supplies
Card/Paper: White card. Basic Grey - Picadilly
Stamps: Magnolia - Tomorrow Sentiment - Graduate and Student Collection 2009. Old Valentine Letter - Valentine Collection 2009
Colouring: Distress inks - vintage photo, antique linen
Embellishments: Lace, doily, brad, twine, flowers, pearls
Tools: Sewing machine, trouvaille, nesties, doohickeys
Thanks for looking x

12 comments:

  1. Stunning card Liza. I love the design with those gorgeous papers and such a great sentiment.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the sentiment and the colors are just perfect and so elegant. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget how effective sentiment only cards can be. Thanks for the reminder. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous Liza ! Love the sentiment and the beautiful papers ! Love the lace and the stitching too ! Stunning creation as always ! Have a lovely week-end my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is totally stunning! I LOVE it! Thank you for playing along at CCC! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww that is a stunning card Liza!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours and papers are beautiful Liza, but I love the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card Liza.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful card! Stunning!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liza, your card is just beautiful... I love the lace detail and the sentiment is perfect! Hope you're doing ok, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    Charisma Cardz
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Liza, love the sentiment, gorgeous papers and beautiful details.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x