Sunday, May 9, 2010

Big Guy Grilling

Hi everyone, apologies for not bloging all week, I have been really busy doing work around the house and DT work to cover the next two weeks as my parents, sister and her boyfriend are arriving tomorrow for a fortnight (ash cloud permitting of course!) They are all coming over because it is my Dad's 60th birthday and we are planning a small do next weekend. This is the card I have made for him and I have used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil called Big Guy Grilling, this was just perfect for his card as when he is here he completely takes control of the BBQ!!!!

We also have a DT call out for our June guest designer over on Mo's Dream Team Blog. There is a fabulous sketch to follow that has been designed by Jak and you have until the 25th May to submit your entry. Why don't you hop on over and take a look, you could be our lucky Miss June!


I am entering this card for the following challenges; this week's Simon Says Stamp and Stamp Something Challenges both have a theme of birthdays and Stampin' for the Weekend and Cute Card Thursday Challenge 111 both have a theme of make a card for a male... perfect!

I have coloured my image with copics and the DP is from my stash. The embossing has been done with my paisly folder and the ribbon and brads are from my stash.

Supplies
Card/Paper: Brown and cream card. DP from stash
Stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil - Big Guy Grilling
Colouring: Copics - E00, E11, R20, B93, B95, B97, B00. BG10, B32, B23, B24, R27, R29, R59, Y17, YR04, YG03, G21, YG67, E50, E51, E53, E21, E33, E37, E57, E49, C1, C3, C5, C7, 100, 0
Embellishments: Ribbon, brads
Tools: Cuttlebug, nesties, paisly embossing folder, fiskars border punch, sewing machine
Thanks for looking x

11 comments:

  1. What a great card Liza ! your colour choice is perfect and your stitching absolutely stunning ! Great image too, really cool ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card hun I'm sure your dad will love it enjoy your time with your family x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect card Liza! I just love that image! Wait until he sees what you have made...he is going to love it! Have a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liza this is just such a fab card, and great when you can get an image that is relevant to the receiver. Hope you have a great time with your family. Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect card for your Dad Lisa, your colouring is always so amazing...beautiful...bet your excited about your visitors and hope you all have a fantastic time
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for your Dad Liza. It's great when you make something that is really appropriate and like the person you are making it for. My Dad likes the odd flutter on the horses every now and again so I like to make a card with horses on it for him. Love Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Liza for the inspiration...I have just purchased him and haven't yet coloured him up....you've given me lots of inspo. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Liza and I love that image, lol! I hope you'll have a fabulous time with your family, sounds like fun!!

    Hugs, Naoual xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, love the image, papers, everything! :o)

    Thanks for taking part in the SFTW challenge and good luck!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum burgers! I love the embellishments and the stitching! Great detail :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card for a guy!! thank you for joining us at SFTW..
    Hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x