Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge 11

As promised earlier, this is the proper post for my summer card and I made it for the Sugar Bowl Challenge 11, where there is a fab sketch to follow with the added option of using pearls.


Once again I have made a matching card and tag combo and these will be for sale in my etsy shop, which should be up and running next week!







For my card I have used a gorgeous sugar nellie image which was very kindly sent to me by a blog bud (thanks hun!).

The image is coloured with distress inks and the very lush papers are from pebbles inc. I like these papers so much I almost didn't use them, but I thought they were perfect for the image, so I gathered all my courage and cut and stuck!!!

I used my swiss dots folder (again!!) for the embossed panel. I find this folder so useful as you can use it for continuous embossing if you have a longer piece to do, like I have done here.






For the inside I used the same papers and both the sentiment on the front and the one on the inside are computer generated using the font lucinda handwriting.

I made the one up on the inside and it reads (in case you can't see it on the photo) "I hope you have a flutterly fabulous birthday" - I'm quite pleased with myself for this one!!!!!





Almost done..... the matching tag is just the coloured image with some ribbon and matching embellies.


The flowers are primas and the branches are done with a leone em punch - I love this punch, it makes such dainty little branches.


I almost forgot to mention, I used the added option of pearls on both my card and tag.


My final picture below, is a close up of the image on the front of the card.







Supplies

Card/Paper: White and pink card, Pebbles inc.
Stamp: Sugar Nellie - Catch a Butterfly
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, walnut stain, spiced marmalade, faded jeans, dusty concord, worn lipstick, weathered wood, peeled paint and antique linen
Embellishments: Primas, pearls, ribbon, pearl brad, spacer, charm
Tools: Cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, labels one and scalloped oval nesties, leone em branch punch, water brush.


Thanks for looking x

10 comments:

  1. What a bwautiful card Liza,l love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and tag Liza :-) The image and papers are just gorgeous !! Love the embellies too and I really need to get that leaf punch , it's gorgeous ! :-)

    Good luck with your Etsy store :-)

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - your detail is incredible - the papers are gorgeous I can quite understand you not wanting to use them I have a drawer full of paper like that LOL.
    hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card and tag combo is so adorable! Lovely soft colors and beautiful coloring. Love your card insides too.
    Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Liz, and your sentiment is smashing, great job.

    Hugs
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lisa and it's so lovely that it's a set too, the tag is so sweet. Love the image and your colouring is wonderful. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, these cards are adorable. I have a few questions....What white paper do you use specifically and what do you watercolor with...a brush or something else. I really want to watercolor better. I am always amazed that yours looks so great and it doesn't look like watercolor paper. What's the secret? PLEASE share:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!! These papers are so perfect for this sweet image!! What a cute idea as well ~ with the matching tag!! So pretty!
    Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous & super cute, the colours are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is drop dead gorgeous Liza, love your image and gorgeous papers - such a fantastic sketch!
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x