Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bridesmaid Tilda


Hello everyone, last Monday saw the launch of the new TOMIC challenge blog and we have a very easy theme of Happy Birthday to get the ball rolling. This is the DT card I made for the challenge and on Monday I showed it on my Solo Magnolia blog, but I have popped it on my main blog today where all of my cards go.


For my card I have used Bridesmaid Tilda from the Magnolia Wedding Collection 2010 and she has been coloured with copics and embellished with silver stickles. The lush DPs are from K & Co and they have quite a vintage feel. I planned my layout around the little bird in the bottom right hand corner so you could see him peeking through. I used an MS punch for the scalloped edge and the sentiment is from cats life press. To embellish my card I used some cream twill, pearls, twine and a charm

I finished off the inside of my card with the left over DPs from the front. I put them together in a patch work effect and used some zig zag stitches for the joins. I really love how this turned out.

Supplies
Card/Paper: Dark red and white card, K & C - Flora and Fauna
Stamps: Magnolia - Bridesmaid Tilda - Wedding Collection 2010
Colouring: Copics - E00, E02, E11, R20, V12, V17, E53, E25, E29, E43, E47, E49, R81, R85, YG11, YG67, G21, C1, C3, C5, W1, W3, W5, W7, 0
Embellishments: Twill ribbon, pearls, twine, charm
Tools: Sewing machine, nesties, trouvaille, MS Trellis punch
Thanks for looking x

4 comments:

  1. I love how you put such amazing detail into each of your cards. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww this is absolutely stunning Liz!!
    Looks great!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Liza! Perfect colouring as always and your papers and layout are gorgeous! I love all the stitching and patchwork effect too! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Liza. Love the papers and Tilda looks so pretty
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x