Friday, May 15, 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge 10

Hi Ladies, I hope you are all well. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, hay fever has struck!!!


The Sugar Bowl Challenge 10 is a sketch by Marlene with the added option of using buttons.


I have made another card, decorated envelope and gift tag set using my lovely Gorjuss Girls.





For my card I have used the masking technique for the very first time and I think it gives a great effect.


I have coloured the image using distress inks and the papers are from K & Co.


The embossed panel has been done with my d'vine swirl folder and the card I have used is core'dinations gemstones - it has a lovely sheen in real life.


The flowers are primas and the button is from papermania.





I have decorated the inside to compliment the front and unfortunately this is the last of this lovely butterfly paper.....weep....weep.

I only have a few scraps left but they are a bit small to do much with.... might be able to get a tag out of them though!!








This is a closer photo of my tag and envelope.


The tag is just a simple image of the two girls together, finished off with some ribbon and a button. I had to keep it simple as the image is quite large, so if I'd added anymore the tag would have been huge!!!!


Also, I forgot to say earlier..... I have added a little stickles to the hair clips on all of the images for a little sparkle, but it doesn't really show in the photos.






And finally, the last image is a close up!


Supplies:
Card/Paper: White, pink and blue card, K & Co - sparkly sweet, Core'dinations - Gemstones
Stamps: SN Gorjuss Girls - just a girl and sitting
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, vintage photo, walnut stain, worn lipstick, broken china, weathered wood and black soot.
Embellishments: Primas, PM buttons, ribbon, jewel, stickles - waterfall and fruit punch
Tools: Cuttlebug, d'vine swirl folder, water brush



Thanks for looking x

18 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! I love your images and colour and I adore how you have matched the envelope and tag with the card! wonderful work!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liza, what a super cute card and I love the tag and matching envelope. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww Liza,what beautiful,l love the stamps and colours.
    So beautiful papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ola Liza,
    tu carta que has echo me gusta mucho.

    Hello Liza, your card is so beautiful. I love the colors and the sweet image... Big hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a really good job you did with the masking - especially as you've not done it before!! I love the soft colours and all the details on the inside too - very special.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Riet. This card is stunning. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a totally gorgeous set Liza - it must have taken you ages! Your colouring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and tag. Those images are so cute and I love how you have coloured them.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful card super I find you stamp very beautiful and also the colours and your paper
    hugs petra

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is gorgeous I love how you've used the masking technique it looks fab! Hope you feel better soon. I have hayfever too its a killer!! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning Liza. Loving your gorjuss girls - so clever with the masking and such wonderful colouring - your dp´s are fab and your attention to detail is perfect as always. Hope that hay fever settles soon. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Liza ,
    such a beautiful card hun what a great effect with the two girls together will definitly have to have a go at that.....

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, what a gorgeous set. You would never know it was your fist time masking you've done it beautifully, your colours are great I love the pastel look but never seem to manage it.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fab.....your masking is a treat. Love the colours.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG this is stunning - this is my first visit to your blog and see such fab creations it wont be the last.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creations and great take on the sketch!!
    Thanks for playing in the Sugar Bowl :)
    Hugs, Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these are gorgeous!! I love the pretty colors and the images you have used are so pretty!! Fabulous project! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been looking through your blog and I love love love it, you have so many beautiful ideas and this is one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x