Thursday, February 12, 2009

Secret Crafter Challenge 18

Morning girls. Firstly apologies for the bad picture, you ladies in the UK are complaining that the dull days are playing havoc with your photos, but I'm complaining about the sun playing havoc with mine!!!

This altered jar is for the Secret Crafter Challenge 18 where the theme is recycling. I set aside this jar a while ago, but never got around to doing anything with it, then just yesterday I remembered it so here we are. I've never altered anything before so this was something new for me.

The jar originally had some red beans in it and after several thorough washes it was ready to alter. I used my nesties for the top and the small penny black image is coloured with distress inks and whispers. I embossed the pink layer with my d'vine swirl embossing folder and I used ribbon to hide the edges of the lid. Both the green layers have been pierced for a bit of extra detail. For the sides I simply layered green and pink card and some DP but you can't really see this too well in the picture.

Supplies:
Card/Paper: Green and pink card, paper from stash
Stamp: Penny black
Colouring: Distress inks - vintage photo, tattered rose, and worn lipstick. Green whispers pen.
Embellishments: Ribbon
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nesties, d'vine swirl embossing folder, needle
Thanks for looking. x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Liza!!! Your jar is gorgeous,very pretty & you are luvin them Nesties,lol!!!
    They are addictive,I have 7 sets & waiting to get more at the Harrogate show in March :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous altering. love the nesties and the paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Dear Hun you have started on a slippery slope the nesties are addictive. This is a fabulous creation and just love the colours
    hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby Liza!! I love altering things like this. Love the colours very pretty :D

    We have snow here!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liza, your jar is fabulous, love the colours, and the lid is fantastic gorgeous. joey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabby recycling

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fabulous jar Liza and so beautifully decorated, please send us some of your sun its snowing here again :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your jar is gorgeous Liza and I love your beautifully coloured image. I think I'd rather be taking my picture in sunny Spain any day LOL! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous jar, beautiful decorated. Please send some sun our way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh Liza I love your recycled jar, it's gorgeous thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super project Liza, love these colours and your lid is awesome. -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x