Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My First Acetate Card

Hello everyone, today I have a card to show you for the Just Magnolia Special Monthly Challenge which is to use acetate. This is the first time I have actually got around to entering one of the special challenges and when I saw that it was acetate I was determined to enter! I have wanted to make an acetate card for ages now and a few weeks ago my DT teamie over on the CCC blog set the theme of acetate but unfortunately I was ill that week and couldn't take part... so today, here we are with my very first acetate card!!! I really love how it has turned out although I have to say it was a bit difficult to photograph and you can see the tiny little bits of fluff or whatever on the acetate....very annoying!! I am also entering this card into Wild Orchid Challenge 3 which has a theme of one for the girls.


So, for my card I have used Spooky Tilda and cut her out so the broom wasn't showing - a great way to use the stamp for other occasions. She is coloured with copics, popped up on foam pads and mounted onto a die cut nestie that has been embossed with my d'vine swirl folder. The DP is from Imaginisce, the flowers are from wild orchid and the jewels and ribbon are from my stash.


For the inside I have used Sweet Tilda on the left and Bridesmaid Tilda on the right. The layout and everything on the left side is the same as the front except that I haven't used the flowers and I have used a ribbon slider instead of a bow so that the inside wasn't too bulky. The right had side is just simple, I stamped Tilda straight onto the card along with the sentiment that is from Crafty Sentiments.


Finally, I just used a stamp from WOJ on the back... kept it CAS!

Supplies
Card/Paper: Acetate, white and pink card, Imaginisce
Stamps: Magnolia - So Spooky Tilda - So Spooky Collection 2009, Sweet Tilda - Right Through My Heart Collection 2010, Bridesmaid Tilda - Wedding Collection 2010, Sentiment - Crafty Sentiments, Created with Love and Care Stamp - WOJ
Colouring: Copics - E00, E02, E11, R20, R81, R85, E31, E33, E35, E50, E25, Y11, Y17, YR23, Y21, YG03, G21, YG67, C1, C3, C5, C7, 100, W1, W3, W5, W7, 0
Embellishments: Flowers and ribbon slider from Wild Orchid, jewels, ribbon, brads, stickles
Tools: Sewing machine, cuttlebug, d'vine swirl folder, nesties, leone em branch punch
Thanks for looking x

17 comments:

  1. Wowww Liza that´s a stunning card again! Really love the colouring on your image!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its absolutely gorgeous, so much work and detail but the end result is fabulous.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning card
    I like the way you used the acetade, it;s really special
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Fab card! I love the colours you've used and the colouring is fab! Love 'n' hugs, mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wonderful Tilda card, stunning colouring.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liza, your card is absolutely stunning. I love how you've used little images inside as well and your colouring is just amazing. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Perfection, Beautiful! Liza, my inspiration for finishing the inside of my cards comes from you!!! This card inside,outside and back is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation.
    Gorgeous images and papers.
    Lovely color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring is superb Liza, just love this one. Tons of hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card Liza ! I do love everything about it... I have said it before - and I will say it again - your colouring is amazing... Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow just stunning!!!i just had to come and look at your blog,your colouring is just fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Liza, love this card. She is so beautifully coloured and her hair is fabulous!!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card - so much work but wellworth the effort xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation inside and out! The bright colors are just perfect. Love your use of acetate too. Thank so much for playing along with our challenge at JM this week...hope to see you back again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. GOrgeous card Liza!! YOur brighter colors are so pretty and wow love all sides of the card!!! Great job with your first acetate card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is such a fabulous card! All three Tildas are so beautifully colored, and these papers are so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are stunning! Love them all! The colouring is so pretty! I became a follower!

    Hugs Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x